Explore engineering in this week-long event dedicated to introducing 9th-grade high school students to the transportation industry. Selected participants will experience hands-on activities while working with the professional researchers and faculty of the University of Utah. Participants will have the opportunity to experience on-campus amenities, guest lectures and explore career opportunities while focusing on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fundamentals.
The camp will be located at the University of Utah, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. Please see the links below for more information.
- This is a non-residential five-day event
- Participants will receive a full scholarship that will cover the entire cost of attending the camp including all lab fees
- Lunch and snacks will be provided during camp hours
- Field trips to off-site transportation-related locations
- Transportation industry guest speakers
- Hands-on activities that encourage teamwork
- STEM focus activities to encourage math and science development
- Usage of on-campus amenities to provide a college experience
- Engage in recreational and social activities
- Great opportunity to write a persuasive essay about summer recreation
*Space is limited, decisions on applicants will be made on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed by the camp committee.
To participate you must be an incoming 2022-2023 8th or 9th grader at a Utah school.
For more questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org