Graduate Admissions

Graduate Admissions

The Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering offers graduate degrees in:

After creating an account, applicants must upload all documentation required for a complete application. 

Note: The GRE is not a mandatory component of our admission criteria. However, providing your scores may markedly elevate your application's position in our selection process, and may also increase your funding opportunities.


MS Graduate of Civil & Environmental Engineering Dani Zabelean now works for the Utah Department of Environmental Quality in the Division of Drinking Water, where she issues construction and operating permits for drinking water facilities across Utah.

Submission Deadlines.

Start TermReview BeginsSubmission Deadline
Fall Semester (August):January 1First Consideration for Funding.
March 1Considered for Available Funding.February 28, 2025; 11:59 PM Mountain Time
Spring Semester (January):September 1All Applicants.August 31, 2024; 11:59 PM Mountain Time
Please note, applications will not be reviewed until all required materials have been received by the University.


Pay the appropriate application fee. 

Domestic MS$55International MS$65
Domestic PhD$0*International PhD$65

  • The application fee for domestic PhD applicants has been waived by the College of Engineering. Please use the following waiver code: CE2021CVEEPHD
  • The Department and the College of Engineering do not currently have a way to waive the application fee, even for applicants experiencing financial hardship. Individuals who choose to submit a complete application will be thoughtfully reviewed.

If you have further questions, please schedule an appointment with the graduate advisor.