Financial Aid

Financial assistance is available on a competitive basis to qualified students in research-based degrees, in the form of Graduate Teaching Assistantships (GTA), Research Assistantships (GRA), and research Fellowships. The first step to be considered for support at the University of Utah is formally apply to the program and submit a completed application before the posted funding deadline. Students with a funded position as GRA, GTA, GA or Fellowship may qualify for the Graduate Tuition Benefit program .

We encourage you to familiarize yourself with research conducted by our faculty and determine the potential to participate in and contribute to research.  The application allows you to list three department faculty members you are interested in studying with. 

Civil & Environmental Engineering

Construction Engineering

Nuclear Engineering

MS Non-Thesis
(Coursework Only)
Funding not availableFunding not availableFunding not available
MS Thesis
All applicants considered for fundingN/AN/A
All applicants considered for funding N/AAll applicants considered for funding
Students should consider applying for university and national awards.