Printing to Web Enabled printers without the need to load print drivers on a user’s computer is now available to Civil Engineering students. The current web enabled printer is located in the Geneva Rock Study Room in MCE 1030 and Engman Computer Lab in WEB 210. Web printing is launched from a browser and an engineering student account username and password is required.*
For access to the web based printing click here, answer yes to any security prompts that you may get, and log into the web site with your engineering credentials and perform the following steps:
- Select “Web Print” link on the left side of the screen.
- Select "Submit a Job".
- Select the printer to use and click “Print Options and Account Selection”.
- Select the number of copies of the document you plan to print and click “Upload Documents”.
- Upload the document by clicking “Upload from Computer” or by dragging and dropping the file(s) into the "Drag Files Here" window and then click “Upload & Complete”.
- The final page will allow you to track the status of the print job.
Add "Microsoft XPS" documents to the list of available file types.
The initial login screen lists your paper balance which is in "pages" (400 pages per semester is allocated). Printing is charged at one page for each 8.5″x11″ standard sized paper. Duplex printing is not supported.
The printers available to print to are as follows:
Important Note: Only Microsoft Office documents and Adobe pdf documents can be printed with this system. The upload page has the detail on which formats are acceptable. If you wish to print a document from another program it must first be converted to pdf format by using Adobe Acrobat or CutePDF (Download CutePDF Writer).
All print jobs sent through Web Print are counted against your paper quota that is available to you in the computer labs. The initial login screen lists your paper balance which is in dollars ($40.00 a semester is allocated). Printing is charged at $0.10 per page for 8.5″x11″ standard sized paper.
Please report problems by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*To obtain an engineering account please browse to https://webhandin.eng.utah.edu/cade/. You can also visit the CADE Lab Opers office in WEB L224 or the Engman Computer Lab Opers office in WEB L210.MAP