Transferring to the U

Thinking about transferring to the U? Then you are in the right spot!

Transferring to the University of Utah’s Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering is very easy. The Department does not limit the number of students into the department. Major status applications are accepted all semesters.

We recommend that you transfer during Fall semester, to better guarantee that you will not be delayed in your program since some classes are typically only taught one semester a year.


Application Guide

The following is a guide that the Department recommends students to follow when transferring. For University specific information you will want to go to the Transfer Center’s website.

Determine Current Department Status

Contact your Faculty Advisor

Apply for Status

Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam
Student Groups




For further information, please contact Alexi Crabb, the Academic Advisor.